Fire Safety Training
Basic Fire Fighting Course
This course is designed for persons who may have to use an extinguisher in offices, shops, hotels and industrial premises, equipping them with an understanding of the hazards of fire complete with practical hands-on training on real live fire situations of how to react in the event of fire or emergency.
They will learn about the theory of combustion and causes of fire and the way to fight fire, including the types and correct use of fire extinguishers. Candidates will use a Live Fire Training to learn how to use fire extinguishers correctly and safely.
The Fire Safety Course is a one day course carried out in your workplace to reduce downtime or at the college premises. All course material, handouts and extinguishers are provided for a maximum of 25 candidates.
Accommodation and catering facilities are also available at the college for those who wish to train at ICT.
Fire Warden Training Course
This course is designed for members of staff nominated as Fire Wardens. The aim of the course is for Fire Wardens to have greater understanding of the fire risks in the workplace and be able to carry out company procedures that are set out in case of emergency.
They will learn about fire, the way in which it spreads and the way to fight fire. An understanding of fire safety risks and how to prevent them will be gained.
Trainees will use a Live Fire Training Unit to learn how to use fire extinguishers correctly and safely.
This a one day Fire Warden Training course done in your workplace to reduce downtime or at the college premises.
All course material, handouts and extinguishers are provided.
Fire Marshals Training
Premises with a large number of occupants on various floors within a building would require to have trained fire marshals who would oversee / implement fire safety procedures, prevention, building evacuation and carry out first aid.
Areas covered during training
- Fire discovery
- Chemistry of combustion
- Training in fire fighting and first aid skills
- Fire prevention
- Evacuation methods
- Common causes of fires
- What to do in case of fire
- Fixed fire installations
- Effects of fires
- Alarm systems to institutions and organizations
- Emergency fire fighting and care services
- Sale and servicing of fire equipment
- Best practice and team building approach in emergency status
- Video shows on disaster and fire fighting
- Good house keeping
- Live fire-fighting demonstrations
At the end of the course participants should be able to:-
- Understand the importance and general safety in the company
- To understand how to detect and prevent industrial fire hazards
- To fight fire effectively
- To acquire positive attitude toward industrial and fire prevention
- To understand the importance of emergency response plan
Benefits to be derived from the course
- Damage to the premises
- Damage to machinery and products
- Prevention of total loss of property
- Prevention of loss of production time and lengthy shutdowns
- Prevention of injuries to personnel and subsequent losses of property and life resulting to high insurance and medical bills to the company
- To make all staff aware of industrial fire accidents
To complement our training we also offer the following services
- Consultancy and surveys to comply with government regulations
- On site fire risk assessment in companies, businesses and organizations
- Supply and maintenance of all your equipment needs
- Corporate team building
- 24 hour fire service
- First Aid Training